Recently, we had to do a repair installation of a Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 for a client.
The repair install ran fine, prompting for the following tasks:
- Microsoft Windows 2003 SBS License Key
- Keyboard, Language and Regional Settings
Once the repair install was complete, the server booted up as normal displaying the logon screen ( ctrl alt del )
After inputting our credentials, a boxed opened with the following message:
A problem is preventing Windows from accurately checking the licenses for this computer.
Three options were available:
- Yes – resulted in the box closing and nothing happening.
- No – resulted in our session being logged off.
- Cancel – resulted in the server shutting down.