One of our clients ordered the Simply Broadband package that Magnet has on offer roughly three weeks ago.
It’s a 24mb package provided by Magnet for €40 a month, including line rental but lacks the feature to make phone calls over the line.
For more information on this package and it’s availability, free phone Magnet on 1800819500
To set the Netopia 2247 Wireless router up with Magnet, please follow the steps below:
- Open http://192.168.1.254 in your web browser
- Navigate to the “Expert Mode”, located in the left hand toolbar and click on it.
- Click “Yes, enter expert mode”, when prompted, to enter Expert Mode in the Netopia modem.
- Click Configure, located in the left hand toolbar.
- A menu should expand, select connection.
- Change VPI to 0
- Change VCI to 35
- Change PROTOCOL to RFC-1483 BRIDGED ETHERNET LLC/SNAP
- Set BRIDGING to DISABLED
- Set CONCURRENT BRIDGE / ROUTING to DISABLED.
- UNTICK AUTOSENSING PPPoE/DHCP
- STATIC IP should be 0.0.0.0
- NETMASK should be 255.255.255.0
- IP GATEWAY should be 0.0.0.0
- PRIMARY DNS should be 0.0.0.0 *
- SECONDARY DNS should be 0.0.0.0 *
- UPNP should be UNTICKED
- IPSEC PassThrough should be UNTICKED.
- Click SAVE AND RESTART CONNECTION.
- You will be prompted to restart the modem, select YES
- Once restarted, the router will sync up with DSL and the internet connection should be live within a few moments.
Interestingly, our client was syncing at 19816/2599kbps with a line attenuation of 19/10 db.
If you require any further assistance in setting up the Simply Broadband package, please feel free to contact us / leave a comment.